Instagram is a Juggernaut that Real Estate Agents Cannot Afford to Ignore Any Longer
By Maggie Wilson @ Real Estate Daily
January 31, 2018

Social media and technology have undoubtedly shortened peoples’ attention spans. Appealing visual content is great at capturing that fleeting attention, which makes Instagram an incredible platform for attract new leads and establish a brand identity.

Key Takeaways

  • About 40% of people respond better to visual data and 65% are visual learners
  • Instagram ads accounted for 10% of Facebook’s total revenue in 2017
  • There were 8 million business profiles on Instagram in 2017, up from 1.6 million in 2016
Source: Curaytor

Brief

Real estate professionals and brokerages must thoroughly understand Instagram before they should any success. Nearly 70% of all Instagram posts go unseen, so employing the best tactics is key to building a solid following. Here are Curaytor’s tips for optimizing your posts on Instagram:

Geo-Tagging – Posts receive a whopping 79% more engagement when you include the location. In other words, always tag a location and consider planning certain posts in popular areas.

Hashtags – Hashtags help distinguish your post from the rest. Two-thirds of Instagram posts go unseen because of poor hashtag usage.

Day and Time – When you choose to post is a massive factor in its performance. As a benchmark, Monday through Friday is better than the weekend for engagement, and Monday is the strongest of all weekdays.

Timing is also critical. According to Curaytor, the most optimal times to post during the day are at 8 am, 5 pm, and 2 am. The strategy here is to catch people before and after work when they have downtime to scroll through Instagram posts.

Frequency – You should post, at minimum, once or twice a day, according to CoSchedule – a social media management platform. The sweet spot is two posts per day, but make sure they are high-quality posts. It is not worth posting if the content is not valuable to your audience.

Content Strategy – Stick to the classic 80/20 rule. About 80% of your content should be helpful, high-level branding, and the other 20% should be attempts to land leads or make sales.

Try to maintain a healthy mix of posts including past clients and coworkers. Instagram photos that feature faces receive, on average, 38% more likes. Your caption is also a big part of user engagement, so try to start using a mix of emoji’s. Check out other top influencers’ posts and learn how others are using emoji’s to improve your captions.